1979 Aston Martin V8 Saloon Series IV (Oscar India)
V8 Oscar India Series 4 finished in its original colour scheme.
V8 (Oscar India)
(1978 - 1986)
Oscar India - V540 and V580, formally known by the AMOC as Series 4
Production of the V8 had been halted when Company Developments called in the receivers in late 1974 and did not recommence until 1976. One of the first jobs of the new owners was to thoroughly revise the V8 culminating in the car, code named 'Oscar India' or in old AMOC speak, the Series 4. The Oscar India was unveiled at the Birmingham International Motor Show in October 1978 (Oscar India = October Introduction, from the phonetic alphabet). Certainly, the car had become more refined and luxurious, automatic transmission was virtually standard - thus AML began calling it 'The V8 saloon'.
This is a rare European Version with "Stage 1" engine tuned by Aston Martin Lagonda factory. There were only approx. 292 Aston Martin V8 Serie 4 "Oscar India" build.
This Aston was an original right-hand-drive, which was converted by professional Aston Martin specialist to left-hand-drive.
Only 6 known previous owners since new! A lot of MOT certificates, files and invoices! Service booklet also available up to 88,314 miles!
Location & Title
The car is located in United Kingdom and has V5C (title) registration.
Besides a Bill of Sale and V5C, you will receive also the following documents:
1. Certificate of Ownership available dated 1st January 1980
2. Service booklet available with services from 1403 miles on 22nd January 1980 to 88314 miles in 1994
3. Original Wiring Diagram available
4. Original Owners Handbook available (in excellent condition)
5. MOT Test Certificates available (originals, no copy):
- 08.03.2005 at mileage of 00489 miles
- 15.12.2003 at mileage of 99905 miles
- 18.11.2002 at mileage of 99667 miles
- 07.11.2001 at mileage of 98753 miles
- 24.07.2000 at mileage of 97974 miles
- 29.05.1999 at mileage of 97188 miles
- 02.06.1998 at mileage of 96335 miles
- 16.05.1997 at mileage of 94437 miles
- 10.01.1997 at mileage of 91,281 miles
- 14.12.1994 at mileage of 88314 miles
- 22.07.1993 at mileage of 88095 miles
At the mileage of 102,505, a professional Aston Martin specialist swapped the speedometer from miles to km/h. The according statement of this specialist is available. Speedometer in miles is also available.
In 2015 renown Aston Martin specialist Newlands Motors rebuilt the body for around 20.000 GBP and in 2015 the car received a Harvey Bailey sports setup.
Car is located in Düsseldorf, Germany. Registered in UK.